Wednesday, 8 February 2012

Wow...that was a long month with no blog updates!!!!

January 13-February 8

I love this outfit!

It is going to be hard to try to remember everything that happened in the last month but I will do my best! I must first let everyone in the blogging world know why I have been so slack. Addison is going to be a big sister!!!!!Since about the second week in January I have been in the nausea and tired stage. I have been going to bed at 8:00 leaving Tyler to make bottles, clean up, do lunches and get Addi on the pump! Thank goodness he doesn't mind because I am just useless. I normally do the blog at night when Addison is in bed but I have been going to bed with her!

January 17th- Addison still wasn't herself and seemed to be sick. We weren't sure what was going on so we brought her to our family doctor (Dr.Murray) and found out Addison had a double ear infection. After 48 hours of antibiotics she started to improve finally!!!!

January 19th-
We went to the IWK for appointments with Dr. Wood(neuro) and Dr.C(pediatrician). Both appointments went well and fast. Dr. Wood said it is good that we are not seeing any seizures and just leave medications as they are for awhile. If we can go three months or more without seizures we can talk about meds dosage. Some children will out grown the seizures where some will continue to have them throughout their life.
Dr. C put our referral in to have another swallow study done to see if she is still aspirating. That test is today that is why I am not at work. He also gave us the name of a sleeping med we can use if she doesn't improve in the sleep department. Addison weighed 21 pounds 3 ounces and was almost 30 inches long! Her head is still just over 39 cm.
Our serious little girl!

Ok now a smile!

January 22nd-Addison and Mommy went to Chelsea Burgess(Laybolt)'s baby shower! Addison was a very good girl!
Loving her I Pad

Look at the teeth!

January 24th- Speech with Brenda. Brenda just wanted to catch up and see how Addison was doing. At this point there isn't much she can do for us. It is more for us to get information of what we can do with her. We are continuing her oral therapy three times a day and hope to find more toys for that.

January 27th- I had my first pre-natal appointment with Dr. Murray. She didn't have much to say that I didn't know. I willl be seeing  Obstetrics at the IWK in March and also be going to the 7th floor for ultrasounds more frequently. We are very interested to see what obs has to say about how they are going to handle this pregnancy. We are trying to treat it like everything is find and like everyone else!!

February 4th- We went to 3D Miracles with Auntie and Uncle Walsh to see if their baby was going to be a girl or a boy! Unfortunately the baby didn't want us to know and wouldn't cooperate. They are going back at the end of February.

Addison has been sleeping better for the last few days. January was a very hard month for sleep in the Halloran residence. For the most part we were averaging 5 hours of broken sleep. Addison wasn't getting much more. An example night could be bed at 8:00, up at 11:00 until 2:00 then sleep till 4:00 and up for the day. We even had one day that we were up at 2:00 and she didn't fall back to sleep until it was time for us to get up for work. We tried everything...cuddling, sleeping with us, melatonin, and structure but none of it worked. I called the Neuro last week to get a sleeping med because we were getting worn down as was Addison when she called back a few days later she said she talked to Dr. C and they decided on Chlorohydrate. Then proceeded to tell me they don't like to give it at home too often because if they have too much it can cause breathing problems.......WE DIDN"T GO GET IT! Sleep is not important enough to have her with breathing problems. I was very disappointed that they would even prescribe that. They said there is nothing else which I am not sure I agree with. But we have decided we are just going to leave it alone and if we need a break we will get family to step in!!!

What is new with Addison!!!

  • She is still smiling and laughing! Actually last night she was laughing in her sleep it was tooo cute!
  • She is still taking 4 oz of formula at a time three times a day! 
  • She loves her black and white crib toy that we hang off of the black poster board for her
  • She loves Reba! I have tried to play Shania and other female country singers but she doesn't respond like she does to Reba!
  • Rona the cat loves to cuddle with her and is always sitting on her lap!
  • She likes her wheel chair but lately she has been having a lot of tone when she is in it. 
  • Wee See are still her favorite videos on the I Pad along with Sparkabilities. 
  • She is wearing size 18 month-24 month clothing and size four shoes!
  • She is still a diva who is the best dressed girl around!
  • We often put three ponytails in her little curls!!
She loves the black and white crib toy and red mini lights

Life has been good to us lately and we are hoping things will continue this way!! We have our house on the market and are looking for land so we can build! We are not convinced that this is going to happen as we cant seem to find the perfect piece of land but it is an option!!! 

Hopefully I will start to feel better soon and will be able to update the blog on a weekly basis again!

She looks so good in blue!


We went out to supper Ava and Jared were texting

Check out Jared he is texting Ava back!

Hanging out with Mom before our Saturday trip to town!


Enough with the pictures!

Add caption

I was singing Reba to her and like always she was loving it!

I went to a girls night on Saturday and we did a clothes exchange! It was awesome!

Snuggles with Nanny Donna

Poppy Max and Addi


When I got home from work on Monday she was all smiles!

Tank was playing with his baby!

Please mom let me out!

Saturday morning TV time!

No comments:

Post a Comment